Cheshire woman's shower screen 'explodes' like someone 'shot' the glass

A Cheshire woman has described how the shower screen in her bathroom suddenly exploded and sounded like someone had 'shot' it with a gun.

Carrissa Vevar explained in a post on social media that the random 'explosion' happened on Sunday (December 19) and that she could not 'bear to think' what could have happened if her children were in the room.

The Cheshire woman said the 'horrendous' noise sounded like someone had shot the glass with a gun.

Read more of the top stories from across Cheshire here.

Carrissa explained that the bathroom had been bought from Victorian Plumbing, a bathroom supply store based in Liverpool.

The post reads: "This happened Sunday night to a bathroom bought by Victorian Plumbing.

"I can’t even bear to think right now what would of happened if my kids were in there at the time of the glass explosion.

Cheshire woman's shower screen 'explodes' like someone 'shot' the glass

"It sounded like someone shot the glass with a gun, horrendous."

Victorian Plumbing said the company is 'sorry' to hear about the shower screen but reassured that it is made from 'toughened safety glass'.

A spokesperson for Victorian Plumbing said they were sorry to hear about the "recent experience with a shower screen".

"Our shower screens and enclosures are made from toughened safety glass," the spokesperson said.

"Whilst the experience might have given a fright, the glass on this product has performed as expected following a stress or impact event.

"This can often happen days or weeks after any impact, where the glass is then subject to any changes in heat.

"Safety glass is designed in a way to protect from injury in the event of any breakage.

"Rather than breaking into sharp heavy shards, the glass crumbles into small cubes, significantly reducing the likelihood of any serious injury.

"We’re getting in touch... to see how we can make things better.

"We pride ourselves on leaving our customers with the best possible experience and whilst this isn’t a manufacturer’s fault – we’re keen to put things right."